School Advisory Board
From the Advisory Board Chair:
Welcome to the All Souls Catholic School Advisory Board Web Page. The Board is a consultative body, as described by the National Catholic Education Association. The Board is appointed by the Pastor and serves at the pleasure of the Pastor. Our responsibility is to provide consultation to the Principal and Pastor as it relates to the needs of the school; organizing the talents of the community to advance the mission of the All Souls Catholic School.
The Board is comprised of the Board Chair (Andrew Valente), the Board Secretary (Georgia Hart) and Chairpersons of the various Committees of the Board. Those Committees and Chairpersons are:
- Finance Committee, Chair: Georgie Bledsoe
- Facilities Committee, Chair: Mary Valente
- Mission Effectiveness Committee, Chair: Scott Ohlwein
- Marketing/Recruitment Committee, Chair: Paul Proly
- Technology Committee, Chair: Pete Stoughton
- Academics Committee, Chair: Geri Freeman
- Home and School Committee, Chair: Vacant
- By-Laws Committee, Chair: Pete Stoughton
- Volunteer Recruitment Committee, Chair: Vacant
You will note that there are two vacant committee chair positions. To apply for these positions, please send an e-mail expressing your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. These e-mails will be forwarded to the Principal and Andrew Valente, Board Chairman. Please tell us a little about yourself and how you can contribute to the success of All Souls Catholic School.
Last year the Board, and its committees, provided a number of services including:
- studied alternative internet safety programs for internet access in the school;
- supported the decision to purchase Netbook computers for 8th grade students, and subsequently all middle school classes, and;
- installed an assistive listening system in the 3rd grade classroom after researching the technology and investigating most cost effective alternatives.
The Board is currently working on our goals and tasks for our activities the 2010 - 2011 school year. When these have been set, the Board will post them on this web page for all stakeholders to see. As always your comments and interests are encouraged. The Board is accountable to the All Souls Community and we welcome your input. Please let us know of any items you think need our attention.
Please check this page regularly for updates.